Saturday, April 1, 2017

First item on the Director's list

Some random pictures from the last few weeks...

Our friend Steve and the Missus working on some drywall:

My attempt at pushing the output of a small gauge extension cord and cheapo surge protector:

The first of two items on the Inspection Director's list of required repairs were upper jacks (support boards) on the new windows we put in the laundry room. In my inexperienced mind, I thought my cross timber was good enough, but it turns out I was missing the point of the board altogether which is to keep the top of the wall from sagging. I took out the old boards, cut off the 2x4 uprights, adding a new 2x6, and then adding a full 2x4 along the outside. Last step was a few mini supports above the 2x6, and the replacing the insulation. 



After getting pictures of the new jacks to send the Director, I set to work on that pesky termite wall from the very first day of demo. I built up the supports on both sides of the door from the kitchen into the laundry room, added jacks on both side of the door utilizing the old doorway 2x4's, and then put in the new header. One new doorway complete.



A pizza dinner on the porch in between jobs is how we roll. Every job complete is one step closer to being done and moving into our new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment