Sunday, March 5, 2017

My shop has arrived

On February 22nd, I received the call I'd been waiting for since the very beginning of this journey. And if I was to be completely accurate, this was something I'd been waiting on for many years. "Your barn is loaded and on its way to your house." 

The barn, as he called it, or to others, a shed, was so much more than either of those things to me. Since my earliest childhood memories, my Dad had a small building in our back yard that was his wood shop. And while I've had a, "lean-to", a, "basement", heck, I've even had a, "shed", I've never had my own wood shop. Until now...

After three months of looking, shopping, visiting, and then doing it all over and over again, I finally picked out just the one I wanted. The call that came that morning was such a beautiful thing.

Once he got there the driver backed his trailer up to the spot I'd prepared and then he got to work.


His trailer has a set of wheels UNDER the back axle that raised up on hydraulics, allowing the trailer to slide sideways. It was truly one of the coolest things I've ever seen.


After blocks, wedging, and leveling, my wood shop was home. And I was happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment