Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day Two

Even though we got a late start to the day, a surprise dumpster showed up followed by surprise friends to help fill it. (Okay, I guilted the dumpster guy's wife into guilting him to bring us one and Alli knew about the friends coming to help, but it was still cool both actually showed up.)

My super sexy look:


The top kitchen cabinets now live in the bottom of that dumpster.



And now for the bad news...

We knew there was a little termite damage, but we were hoping it was confined to a small room on the back of the house. Unfortunately, the picture below shows what I found out after taking out the cabinets. The studs shredded like wet paper towels, and pieces of siding just fell off as the boards disintegrated. I'm fairly certain the remaining drywall is holding up that whole corner of the house. Looks like I'll be rebuilding a wall this coming weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment